“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” –George Bernard Shaw

The Open Book is all about sharing my adventures—mental, physical and through the heart.

This is my “WW” year. I will lose 100 pounds (weight loss, the first W), write 100 articles/stories/whatever (the second W) all in the next 365 days.


Monday, September 13, 2010

Gettin' Pruny by Peaches

Okay, I admit: I'm just downright lazy with that editing I'm supposed to be doing on the entries from my trip. They'll be up soon, I promise.

It's just that people keep talking to me. And I was waiting on my bestest best buddy Joe


to hurry up and get here.

He's hanging out with me for the next couple of days here in Clarkston, him and his 6-month-old puppy named Boomer.

So blame Joe, because he kept me waiting for a whole three and a half hours for him to get here. If you know me at all, you know that I have no patience whatsoever. My room is now so organized I feel like someone else lives there.

I did get to peel some peaches tonight for Grandma's peach cobbler (I know--I have no idea how I'm losing weight sometimes). My hands got pretty pruny (get it, prune-y?), but at least I'm learning more about baking. 

So, blame Joe for the fact that my coastal entries aren't up yet. And you can blame him for making me shut down my computer this early because he's been forcing me to look up airline tickets and trips to California and Maui. He's a tyrant, I tell you.

A more interesting blog post tomorrow, you have my word.

No comments:

Post a Comment